Notre Dame de Sion School has adopted a two-year Strategic Plan to further develop the practice of our Mission and education philosophy, enhance the vision for 21st century curricular and co-curricular program, and the commitment to long-term fiscal sustainability. Through leadership of the Head of School, Administration and the Board of Trustees of Notre Dame de Sion School, the final plan is the product of sound research, extensive stakeholder input, and represents a true community consensus on the direction of the school through 2015.
Strategic Initiative I: Mission and Identity
Continue to develop our identity and actions as a Catholic School in the tradition of the Congregation of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Sion by:
- Creating a professional development plan that ensures our school will remain true to the founder’s values and vision, and relevant to today’s educational needs.
- Assisting our students in a Catholic atmosphere to fully embrace Sion’s core values as they live their lives as global citizens and future community leaders.
Strategic Initiative II: Financial Sustainability
Provide for the long-term financial sustainability of Notre Dame de Sion School by:
- Building operating reserves to allow for opportunities for additional investment in programming and facilities improvements.
- Balancing market and/or mission appropriate tuition while increasing opportunity for Financial Assistance and all-school programming.
- Achieving full enrollment through progressive marketing initiatives and competitive compensation packages designed to attract and retain outstanding faculty and staff.
- Growing the endowment for increased scholarship opportunities, all-school programming and facility maitenance and improvements.
Strategic Initiative III: Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications
Develop and implement a comprehensive public relations and communication plan for all constituents of Notre Dame de Sion School and the broader community in order to:
- Increase awareness of the School in the Greater Kansas City area.
- Realize and maintain full enrollment.
- Cultivate strong and lasting relationships that promote alumnae(i) and parent engagement.
Strategic Initiative IV: Program, Curriculum, and Faculty Development
Ensure that Notre Dame de Sion School continues to deliver vigorous programming for all students by:
- Analyzing current curriculum with a focus on the school’s mission and best practices in the 21st century classroom to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in a global society.
- Enhancing extra-curricular and co-curricular offerings that bolster the School’s academic program and student life.
- Providing meaningful evaluation and professional development opportunities for the School’s leadership, faculty and staff to foster a culture of collegiality and academic excellence.
Strategic Initiative V: Facilities Improvement and Renovation
Create a master plan for the physical plant and school grounds that:
- Evaluates and prioritizes current and future structural needs to support the School’s programs.
- Makes use of collaborative and strategic community partnerships to leverage the School’s ability to maximize its resources.
This is an interior page column 3 hello.